Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dinnertime Disaster

Tonight's dinner was an absolute disaster. For well over a month now, we've avoided eating out and have cooked dinner about every night. We've told John Thomas that the new rule is that he HAS to at least try what we've made for dinner before rejecting it for his chicken nugget staple. Just this week he tried carne guisada and orange chicken, although not very willingly. Today I made lasagna and told him it was "pizza lasagna" and that it tasted just like pizza. Of course he noticed that there weren't any pepperonis on it and asked what the "brown fing" was, referring to the meat. He was leary from the beginning. He threw an absolute fit and asked, "Why I can't have food anymore?," as if to say "This isn't food, I need my dinosaur chicken or my mini corn dogs." I eventually gave in and let him eat pepperonis straight out of the Hormel bag. I guess he had a craving for pizza after my little white lie about the "pizza lasagna." Sometimes I would rather just give in than listen to the crying and fight him about it. He does seem skinny to us, but Dr. Arter seems to think he's just fine, and that being a picky eater is part of being a four and half year old.

I wish I had more to report on Jacob, but typical of a 7 week old, he eats, he poops, and he sleeps, occasionally. We are trying desperately to get him on some sort of schedule but it just isn't working. He prefers to be in someone's arms all the time, preferably mine where he can smell his food source. Going back to work is going to be hard. It's going to be really really hard.

Mark's interview went really well today. He interviewed for 3 different job openings so we are hoping and praying that something comes out of either today's or yesterday's interviews. We are both looking forward to some normalcy in our lives. We just feel like since we've been in Missouri we haven't had the chance to just BE. When we both get back to work things will finally feel normal and maybe we can try to enjoy Missouri. We have to make the best of it right?

Later, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment