Saturday, March 7, 2009

John Thomas and the Offetory Plate
















This is my last weekend before I have to go back to work :(. Today we all slept in, then John Thomas helped me make blueberry muffins for breakfast. He has a bunch of Nascar diecast cars and when we were making the muffins he said he wanted to go get his "cereal" car. He went to get it and it turns out that Betty Crocker was one of the sponsors on the car and it matched the Betty Crocker on the package. Another sponsor on the car is Cheerios, thus the "cereal" reference.










Steve is here this weekend so he took John Thomas to Chuck E. Cheese and Target and we just hung out with Jacob and watched the Aggie basketball game--YEAH! We are trying to get him some "tummy time" by letting him lay on his belly when he's awake. He looks so funny when he tries to lift his head! He just kind of bobbles it around and will eventually just flop it over.










So I thought I'd add a story about John Thomas that happened last week at church. When the offetory plate came by I pulled out a one dollar bill from my wallet that John Thomas could give because that was all the cash I had (I know, isn't it terrible!?). Well Mark pulled a five dollar bill out out of his wallet and gave it to him too, so I said "John Thomas do you want to keep the $1 and give Jesus the $5?" He put the $5 in his pocket and said, "No, I want to give Him $1 and keep the $5." And he was dead serious. Needless to say I got the giggles, and then he whispered, "Mommy, can I buy a car at Target with my money?" We may not be allowed back at that church.










I'm so proud of Mark. He's been working so hard at looking for a job and finally it seems like his hard work is paying off. He's starting to get face to face interviews with some of the companies that he's applied for and even got a call back from one about wanting to proceed with a background check. Yay! Still no job offer, but it's such a positive step. We keep talking about how nice it will be to be on a routine where we go to bed early, get up early and have coffee (Mark just started drinking coffee and is hooked!), and get moving for the day. I think that might help us feel more normal. We just feel out of sorts, I think.










We are going to the Schepper's tomorrow afternoon so that the kids can play. Tiffany and Greg are really great people and have helped us tremendously since we've been here. Their son Wyatt is in John Thomas' class and that's how we met. They kept John Thomas overnight when Jacob was born and have really just been great friends. They invite us over a lot and we always have a great time so we're really looking forward to hanging out with them tomorrow. I do have to get ready for Monday though. I'm headed to Poplar Bluff to meet with a woman about a potential laser sell (for work) so I really have to prepare for it. Selling a laser is a really big deal and I have yet to sell one, so I'm nervous and excited at the same time! Poplar Bluff is 3 hours away though, so the drive might suck.










Here are a few pics that Mark just loaded onto my computer. Enjoy! Oops, looks like the pictures ended up at the top of the page. I'm still new to this!










1 comment:

  1. congrats on the new job! I guess AZ got a little old, huh? Good for you! The church story was HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete