Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mark's Job Offer!







Yay! The hard work and PATIENCE has finally paid off. Mark was offered a job with Fireman's Fund Insurance Company today! His hours are going to be challenging, but I'm sure we'll be able to work through it. He'll be working 10:45-7 M-F so he'll be able to take care of morning kid duties and I'll take over evenings. We still don't know what we are doing with Jacob, but we hope we can do something quick! Oh I'm going to miss him. But wow we are just thrilled that in this horrible economy Mark was able to get a chance to show how good he is at what he does. There was another position with another company that he was really interested in at the very beginning of his job pursuit. Unfortunately the position was filled very shortly after Jacob was born. So this is what is happened. Mark and I went to my routine 36 week appointment and took 2 separate cars because he was on his way to an interview in Arkansas. It was at that appointment that my wonderful Dr. Mimlitz said that the protein in my urine was too high to go on without delivering. Mark had to call and try to reschedule the interview, but unfortunately for us, they filled the position that week. What was even worse was that the recruiter told him that it was a shame he wasn't able to interview because the interviewers were looking forward to meeting with him. Well that job has come open again but they won't be making an offer until probably some time in April. This is really what he wants to do considering that it includes field and office work. We are excited about the opportunity to interview and of course with Fireman's Fund.






Changing gears a little, I'm really happy about going to New Jersey the week after Easter. My sister Veronica lives there and her husband Frank will be going to Mexico City for the week and asked if I would come to keep her company. Jacob and I will fly in on Easter Monday and stay until Thursday. I haven't been to her house in NJ and she hasn't met Jacob so we are both SOO excited! Getting to drink a little (or a lot!) of wine with my sister is always something to look forward to! I just wish my other sister Mari would be there too. Getting the 3 of us together is way fun.






The pics I added today are just funny. I know the first one is a little dark, but I wanted to show how funny he looks when he's angry!

1 comment:

  1. He looks like Mark!!!

    Also, CONGRATS!!!! Is it an independent or employee? WOOHOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete