Saturday, March 21, 2009

Playtime!

Jacob had some playtime on the floor today and tired pretty fast! Dr Arter suggested last week that we incorporate a mirror into his play so we took the mirror from my car on his play mat. I noticed a few days ago that he was looking at himself in the car and it almost seemed as if he had discovered a friend! He looked at it very curiously, and Dr Arter said that it would be a good distraction for him during his playtime. He didn't notice it much today, but he did start to bat at the animals on the play mat. Do you recognize this mat Vero? It's the one you gave me (or loan me at the time!) YEARS ago! Jacob seems to like it and was pretty content for longer than he had been before.







John Thomas is busy today playing with a friend. What's funny is that I went downstairs to get a shot of them and found that they were wrestling over a basketball (mad, not playing) but the second I asked them to pose for the camera, this is what they produced.


Oh look at this cutie.



So Jacob has been giving me somewhat of a hard time this week. If he hears me in the room he wants me to be holding him and it's not always possible. He's so offended when I try to put him in his crib or anywhere for that matter. I was alone with him a few days ago and had to take shower. Well that didn't go down well with the new prince. By the time I got out he was crying so hard he had tears running down his face and he was red as a tomato. So I pulled out the Zuky. It was given to me by my friend Jennifer. It is apparently used in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units to soothe babies. I've slept with it before, so it's supposed to smell like me. I tried to trick him and it worked, but only for a few seconds.






Jacob goes over to our friends' house on Monday to stay with their nanny for a week. Then our nanny, Xochil, starts the next Monday. It's going to be really hard to let go, but we have to do it! Xochil will be coming here everyday and she'll be bringing her 11 month old little girl with her. She doesn't speak much English, so hopefully Jacob will pick up some Spanish! Of course John Thomas stayed with Rebeca until he was over a year and doesn't remember any of it. We are pretty sure we can trust her, and I'm happy to have found someone that can come here everyday so we don't have to get him up and take him somewhere. I know he'll be in great hands this week with Lety though.
So now we're off to bed!


1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a zuky...that is precious.

    Okay, I am going to do your taxes this week...I promise!

    ReplyDelete