Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bulldogs, Jacob, and Number Freak!

I'm finally back on my computer, well sort of... My computer got infected with the famous Con Ficker virus the week before April Fools Day and I've been dealing with virus pop-ups every 60 seconds or so. It's been really miserable doing anything on it, which is why I haven't added anything in a while.

We got John Thomas' baseball uniform today and he wouldn't take it off. We think he's SO cute! I think we might even take it Tia Vero's on Monday. She said we'd be going to a couple of Christian and Frank Aaron's baseball games so John Thomas just might have to REPRESENT the Bulldogs! His shirt is a little big, but we hope it'll shrink in the wash. And, of course, I had to order a shirt for me too. Mark says that I'm just going to embarrass them but I say it's not fair that Daddy and John Thomas get to wear one and I don't (Mark is a coach and gets a shirt for free). I know that I'm going to be that mom. Oh, and they sell beer at the park where they play. I'm definitely going to be that mom.



These are some shots I took of Jacob this week. Look at his belly!! He's definitely not missing any meals.
Look at his eyes! I will be really surprised if his eyes turn out to be anything but brown. Although both Mark's and my eyes are a lighter brown, they are definitely brown. They just look really light here! Pawpaw has blue eyes though. Maybe, just maybe they'll stay blue.








We've been trying to get Jacob to sleep longer at night just because it's so hard for me to get going in the mornings after being up half the night feeding and trying to get him back to sleep. So we've been giving him a bottle with half pumped milk and half formula for his last feeding of the night because I've been told that formula fills baby's tummies up more. Well John Thomas is doing his part to help. I guess no one told him that Jacob won't run away if he releases his grip on his head.


Since we can remember, John Thomas has been totally obsessed with numbers. Every morning on the way to school he comments on the temperature and wants to see how many miles are left before the truck is out of gas. He understands the concept of money pretty well, at least he knows to pick bills with bigger numbers on them. He'll repeat the phone numbers at the end of the ambulance-chaser commercials, and always wants to know old people are, and he remembers!! I overheard him telling a classmate that his Daddy is 33, his Mommy is 32, and his Daddy Steve is 41. He also loves to keep score of sporting events on TV, and he remembers the scores of the sporting events we've been to live, like the Astros v. Cardinals game LAST summer. Well he's been working on this number chart at school and told me that he really wanted to write his numbers. I printed some charts off the internet and when we went to check on him after he'd gone to bed this is what we found.



We think he's brilliant!
So just a couple more days and we'll be in New Jersey! I am so excited to get to visit Vero and the boys. Boarding the plane with the boys is going to be a challenge I'm sure! But I know John Thomas will be a great help. I just can't wait!!! I'll be sure to have the camera so that I can post some pics from the trip. Until then...
















1 comment:

  1. Nice blog.Beautiful photographs. God is Great. Let us pray for peace for the world. Wish you all the best. http://health-care-you.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete